Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More I TATTOO YOU

IF I WAS TO TATTOO YOU SOMEWHERE ON YOUR BODY-WHERE WOULD I PUT IT?
AND, WHAT DO YOU THINK I WOULD TATTOO ON YOU,
AFTER READING YOUR PROFILE?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tamara Orlando, Florida

Interesting. I Like tattoos. I like it because it hurts, and I like pain.

Sooo, I would like to go with your taste wherever you would
like to put it. With my respect to you!!!

You like pain? Hmm. You are such a cutie.

I would hate to see
you suffer. But since you admit to
enjoying pain, I have got an
idea.

I scoured your photo's and didn't see any tats. You
also appear to have milky white skin, so I would
go with Tribal.

Tribal requires a lot of black ink. A lot!

But the outcome would be awesome! The look would
fit you and at the same time fill your quench for pain.

I would fill one entire arm from elbow to shoulder, and
it will wrap around almost 100%.

I don't know what exact symbols I would choose though.
Have to figure that part out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Martin East Kilbride, Scotland

Hi Jonathan. What a great question. I'm finding this one a bit weird
as I've checked out your blog and it's only females on here suggesting
some tattoos so I thought I'd break the mold and have a go too.

I already have a couple of tattoos on my upper arms and still have
some space left for one big one on my left upper arm.

Something is holding me back from going lower than the sleeve-line!


I would love a tattoo of a Siberian Tiger coming out of some Jungle
leaves looking like it's about to attack.

I've always wanted a tiger tattoo but have never found an ideal one
whilst searching the web.

Maybe one of your fine listeners or yourself could suggest one.

All the best J and keep on rockin'

Yes, Martin, it is interesting why it's all women. I have an
answer for that. After doing these Q's for the past 4 years
on my website (now switching them to this blog), men in
general are not responsive, for whatever reasons.

Women rock! They have opinions and know how to get
their points across easier than men. Simply that.

As a faithful listener to my shows, I am so proud that you
stepped forward. Cheers to you my friend.

I know how much you are into Tiger's, so it would make
a perfect fit for you. I am surprised that you haven't
been able to find the right graphic through the internet.

As for below the sleeve-line, I quite understand why some
persons can not do it. More than likely the word would be
'work'.

Some places of work would frown upon that. In recent years
that has changed some, but many still don't fancy their
employee's walking around with a tat below the sleeve.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Dana Scottsdale, Arizona

Oh, I LOVE this topic Jonathan!

Ironically, I saw 2 of the artists that did your work this past Saturday night!
Paul Stottler and Mike Roper at The Invisible Humans/
Thee Unfortunates show!

I will be inquiring their services soon!

If you were to tattoo me, for sure 1 would be the Maltese cross.
I would like it on my inner right wrist. Since I am right-handed, I
would get to enjoy it more often.

Its history and symbolic meaning are as follows.

The Maltese cross is identified as the symbol of an order of Christian
warriors known as the Knights Hospitaller or Knights of Malta.

It was originally the symbol of Amalfi, a small Italian republic of the
11th century.

The cross is eight-pointed and has the form of four "V"-shaped arms
joined together at their bases, so that each arm has two points.

Its design is based on crosses used since the First Crusade. The eight
points are said to symbolise the chivalric virtues:

Loyalty
Piety
Frankness
Bravery
Glory and honour
Contempt of death
Helpfulness towards the poor and the sick
Respect for the church

My second tattoo would be, "Om Mani Padme Hum". I hold buddhism
art and philosophy dear to my heart and would be grateful to have a
reminder of its amazing message on me forever.

I'm not sure where I want it; maybe centered on my lower back!

Last, I would want a tattoo of a wolf.
I love dogs, and all dogs have been bred from wolves, which are
savage survivors!

A symbol of strength for when times are rough!!!

Well, with a response this thought out Dana, it takes away
my ideas. That isn't a bad thing though.

I can't argue where to put the Maltese Cross. Wrist is fine.
Your second request is script. The lower back would look
cool, but an alternative would be higher on your back, just
below your neck and centered.

The wolf graphic you sent is where the lower back comes
into play. That might stand out more where you were
thinking of the second tattoo.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Janice Scotland, United Kingdom

If you were to give me a tattoo anywhere on my body of anything after
reading my profile?

It would be a greyscale portrait of Joan Jett playing guitar.
I think it would be on my left forearm, so I can see her always.

Oh yeah...good question :)

Thanks Janice. I can't change the Joan Jett thing because you
are so into her. So, I would succumb to your wish, with the
exception of where it would go.

The forearm is for other kinds of tats. If you could live with it
on your upper arm, the tat would look better there and could
be much more intricate. Joan Jett it is. :-)


Jo Jo Okeechobee, Florida

Well Jonathan...I'd like a tramp stamp or a sleeve.

I would think it would be something music related? I did want the little girl
on the Follow the Leader album on my left shoulder.

But what about the tramp stamp? What would you do for me?

Jo Jo, you are fairly tall at 5'8". Half inch shorter than me, so I
could see a sleeve for sure.

You are a metal and KoRn fanatic. And so far I haven't suggested
a sleeve on anyone. You look like you could handle it.

So I would do Sci-fi mixed with a dark metal theme. It would be
no colour. Black and White with grey shading. From wrist to
shoulder baby! Think you can stand the pain?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Keren Stroud, Southwest United Kingdom

Very good question.

After reading my profile, probably on my back, as not much space left.

I would guess something sexy and vampirey as I have Angelina Jolie
on my profile.

And I state that I love vampires, but would also be quite dark as
into heavy rock. Am I right?

What would you tattoo on me? lol

You are a tough one Keren. You have ink on your left boob.
A sleeve on your right arm. Small of your back. Upper neck.

Hmm, where do I tattoo you? Can't do what I'd like as a sleeve
for your left arm, due to its Celtic nature. Your art is quite
varied.

I would love to see Angelina Jolie as a vampire. That would
be very cool. But where to put it?

You won't like this, but I would cover up your name in Sri
Lankan, and do a large piece from the middle of neck down.

Probably to the middle of your back. How's that?


Tami Phoenix, Arizona

I'm not quite sure I put enough information about myself onto my
MySpace.

I think perhaps you would chose one or all of my kids and put a portrait
somewhere on my back.

Now, on another note, I cannot wear jewelry really, except some rings and
bracelets, so I want an arrowhead necklace and star earrings tattooed eventually. :)

How would you decide what to choose?

Are you going to not only look at the main page, but possibly check out their
photos and blogs? Would you go through the whole research thing?

I love your show and you have a fabulous voice. :)

Thank you Tami. Yes, I am looking at everything to make my choices.
I know you adore your family, but a portrait of family is not one
of the great ideas for tattoos. Yes, I know many people do it, but
a Tattoo should reflect you.

The Arrowhead idea is ok, but you have a wild side that wants to
break out, so something radical for you.

I noticed you love the movie "Boondock Saints", among others.
Very Pop Culture, and there is a great poster and other artwork
from that film. I see that a great piece for either of your arms just
below shoulder to midway down, almost a wrap around.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Trudy Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

oooo...I like this one!!

Well, I guess from reading my profile you'd choose to do something
arty but with a rock edge to it.

Possibly a Motley Crue or Dogs D'Amour album cover or something.
Haven't a clue where you would put it though.

Where would you put it? lol x

I love the Dogs D'Amour album cover artwork from all their stuff.

I actually
have an original in pencil and some ink that was given
to me by their old
manager. It's in a frame. Rocks!!!

But, that isn't something I would do.

You have something in common with me.
We both like Dragons. I have three on my body.

I would convince you to do an Asian Dragon theme. You already
have some small pieces on your upper left back, and I believe
your right arm.

For you, a left or right beautiful wrap around Dragon, very
colourful, from just below the knee, ending just
above your ankle.

Big piece, but would be striking.

No comments: