Saturday, February 9, 2008

Updates and Observations

Although some felt I am a grumpy person for bringing up relationships, I think I acheived what I wanted. Quite a few friends and long-time aquantances got in touch. very nice!

This past week's 'black Thursday' in the radio world was pretty bad. Many lost their gigs as Emmis, Clear Channel, and CBS did more shrinkage to an overwhelming cutback frenzy that
has plaqued radio the past few years.

G4 TV pretty much has put Myspace in the spotlight and it wasn't that good. They seem to pick apart the giant and also favored more interest in Facebook and others.

Now I admit, among the spam, third party pain in the asses, if you really want to network, Myspace is still King or Queen, if you will.

If you want to keep it to only friends, than I agree some of the others is the way to go.

I use Myspace sincerly to drive people to listen to my radio shows and my website. I make no pretentions at all about it. I'm very direct. I am in music and that's where the musicians and people that are into music are.

But, frankly I am getting worn out trying to get responses to my Q's that feature people from
all over the world responding to whatever topic I put up. Back when, it was easy to attract people's opinions. Lately, I find that many are either too busy, lax, or just plain not interested.

So what do I do for my entry page on my website?

I dunno. Currently I am re-thinking it all. When I figure it out, I'll let you all know.

No comments: